The SASS team hosted a webinar on Wednesday 3rd March to mark the launch of the new project website and research briefings.
In the run up to International Women’s Day 2021, this webinar showcased the SASS study’s findings, considered in the current context of Covid-19 and ongoing shifts in abortion provision in the UK. Chaired by SASS Advisory Group member, and President of IPAS, Dr Anu Kumar, the webinar included five short talks from the project team (see below for timestamps), plus some great contributions and discussion among our audience.
You can watch the webinar recording here:
- Introductions – Anu Kumar [00:00 – 08:29]
- Study overview / Normalising abortion – Carrie Purcell [08:30 – 17:20]
- Health professionals’ role in normalisation – Karen Maxwell [17:21 – 31:24]
- Northern Ireland perspective – Fiona Bloomer [31:25 – 37:55]
- Innovations triggered by the pandemic – Sam Rowlands [37:56 – 48:41]
- Abortion during Covid / Abortion Talk – Lesley Hoggart [48:42 – 58:52]
- Q&A [58:53 – 1:22:09]